The empirical eye of the Swiss photographer Cedric Favero has toured several countries in Latin America, Africa and Asia to capture everyday life and the wild, that of humans and animals, faces and landscapes.
His lens records with careful sensitivity issues that obsess him: travel, animals, street and human life routines, fashion and portraits, so it is not free that you find in one of his pictures a beautiful model looking like a fearsome lion, while on an another you find an elephant as the most careful of mothers.
His portfolio is diverse, as his travels: Buddhist temples in Cambodia, parades of zebras in Kenya, a sleepy cat in Thailand, a rice plantation in Laos, and the stillness of buildings in colonial Quito stuck in time. All this fits in Cedric’s camera.
He currently lives in Bogota from where he often travels to various countries of Latin America whose life, architecture, people and contrasts he records on his camera.
Cedric speak French, English and Spanish.
If you are interested in licensing images or commissioning a project, please contact him with your specific requirements.
Use the contact form or by phone +41 22 534 9789 (skype_in)
Cedric’s photos were published in:
- Cover page of the first edition of Zigurat Magazine “travelling the World”
- Photo Contest Grand Prize Winner - Passage to Africa – South Africa
- Photographer of the month – Cronopio Magazine #34 – Colombia
- Installation of his first exhibition “Africa Salvaje” during 6 weeks in Bogota – Colombia
- Winner of the contest “National day of photographer” – Colombia
- Nomination & Recognition at International Award for Nature Photography – Italy
- Ecuador Infinito #26 “The best 100 photos” – August 2012
- Ecuador Infinito #17 – March 2011
- Fundacion Teatro Sucre – Ecuador
- Fundacion Doctora Clown – Colombia
- Sony World Photography Awards 2011 – Nature & Wildlife Shortlist
- Hasselblad Latin American Photographer 2011 – Finalist in Wildlife shortlist
- Ecuador Infinito #21 – October 2011
- Getty Images Catalogue
- Jeune Afrique / The African Report
- Azito / Globeleq
- Secret Safaris to Africa
- Drive Botswana
- International Monetary Fund
- New York Institute of Photography
- Extraordinary Exposures
- Nauru Postcards
- National Geographic / AirFrance 75th Anniversary Contest booklet
- Museum of Chinese Australian History exhibition “Bridge of Memories”
- OfficeLab Corporate Website
- Miss Knon Beauty contest
- Life Magazine (Ivory Coast)
© 2011 – Cedric Favero